Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Time to sell my 937 monitors

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Roger/Ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So on one box the driver is 16 ohm and the 12" is 16 ohm
    I have a two channel amp with an Ashley mono two way crossover (set to 1500hz)
    Using channel 1 for the 4 12's and channel 2 for the 4 1"
    I was always taught that 4 16 ohm Voice Coils in parrell should be 4 ohms of load

    Was I taught wrong?

    The Dyanco 400 liked to see no less than a 4 ohm load per channel
    I ran all 4 boxes (mono) on the one amp (14 ga 3 conductor cable) for a few events and the amp never overheated or distorted (although I did have a 220 volt wisper fan running on 120 volt 1/2 speed just to keep air flowing

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Roger/Ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oops
    Was in a hurry and didn?t rear your full note

    Also I still have them
    I just new into this selling them out of state
    Naturally I would need to make sure I have cash in hand and box them up to ship safe and insure each box for loss or damage.
    I am trying to figure out a way I can make an M-peg of each component getting swept on a signal generator to show you all 8 components work

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Roger/Ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will do some research on paying services (because I'm using a company computer I am not aloud to use E-bay, Pay Pal or any related system)
    My brother used UPS COD in the past
    I would be happier if I could demo the speakers to prove they are in working order before money exchanges hands, I was going to sell them through the recycler but the last time I sold Altec stuff I had major problems with a certain group of people that insist I give the stuff to them so they can sell 4 times what I wanted, I had to call the police on the last gentleman after he bought stuff and stayed in front of my house for 3 hours well past midnight staring at my house the whole time.
    When the cops first drove past he took off and the cops did a short chase after him and his friend gladly I never saw him again!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Sounder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2006
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AMAZING: the cops had to chase them away from your house! Either these guys are true Altec worshipers or just plain NUTZ. I think the latter. I hope you did sell your components anyway.

    John

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Time to sell my 937 monitors


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I suspect they are just greedy people who think they are gonna get rich every time they hear the name Altec. Like the buffoon with the big Mantarays for $1000 on Ebay.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Roger/Ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    More to that story I had some Stanal Sound SS-3210's that normally have 2 604 pro and the large MR94-8 (I think) horn on a 288-8 driver
    I had instead 2 421-16LF's and a 291-8G
    These boxes kicked A$$!
    I desided to sell them in the recycler and all I got was the certain minority calling including this nutcase
    After an hour I sold him the conponents and kept the cabinets and horns
    He said the cabinets were junk and I would have to pay him to take them.
    I think he was waiting out front for me to go to sleep so he could hop the fence to steal the horns
    I later sold the empty 3210's with the horns to some DJ that had a set of 288's but some Pyle 15's (he called me later to say they actually sounded good, so he was happy)
    After all was said and done I got the price I wanted for them, but I had to part them out
    to get it.

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner Russ Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Roger:
    I'm in pain! Been watching on ebay & Recycler for years. Nobody offers 3210's (Nobody ever bought any). Gave up on the Recycler. And I wouldn't have had to pay any shipping on those 205 pound babies.

    The first ones used two 604-HPLN's and a 291-16B on a 90 x 40 Mantaray from Stanal. The horn may have later become the MR94-8. What differences, if any, I don't know. I do have a prototype, but never checked dimensions against the MR94-8.

    Ever hear the boxes triamped with the 604's? At "loud is beautiful" level? Roger, I'd have bought you dinner at Mr. Stox just to play with them again for an afternoon.

    Regards, Russ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.